Welcome to Emerson!
Emerson is an exciting community in southeastern Howard County, Maryland that offers a taste of urbanism in beautiful surroundings. Located in Howard County, Emerson is at the heart of a vibrant, diverse region – Baltimore, Washington, Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay are all near at hand, and the region’s expansive highway network makes getting around easy! Our 570 acres are nestled in the beauty of a “true green community” with 38% of land reserved as open space/protected area. You’ll enjoy a friendly atmosphere, easy access to recreational amenities, employment, and shopping surrounded by Maryland’s top performing school districts. Howard County is rich in history and has won many awards including:
- “2021 Associa Green Award Winner”
- “2019 Associa Green Award Certificate of Commendation“
- “Best American Values” Newsmax Magazine: Ellicott City #17 (2009).
- “Best Place to Live”, CNN/Money: Columbia (#5 in 2020, #1 in 2016); Ellicott City/Columbia (#6 in 2014; #8 in 2012; #2 in 2010;)
- “Best Places to Live for Pet Lovers”, CNN/Money: Ellicott City, one of 10 (2009).
- “Best Place to Raise a Family”, Forbes: #17 (2008).
- “Good Sports Community of the Year”, Sports Illustrated (2005)
- “Great Public Library System” Hennen’s American Public Library Ratings
- This area was recently listed as among the TOP FIVE in the DC Metropolitan area to live in!
Emerson Community Association is managed by Community Management Corporation (CMC) and features a professional full-time on-site staff eager to make your stay the best it can be. Living in a Home Owners Association (HOA) has many benefits; some of the top benefits enjoyed by our residents are:
- Quality Property Management – According to Community Associations Institute, homes in managed communities are often worth 5 percent more than those in traditional communities.
- Amenities and Services – Our homeowners receive value in return for their choice to invest in a homeowner’s association. Please see the section on Facilities for more information
- Sense of Community – our community is a place to connect in a world that is increasingly disconnected. The page Welcome New Homeowners has more details on year-round activities and electronic ways we stay connected.
The Emerson Management team is on-site full time; the Clubhouse Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please call 301-317-4044 with any questions you may have or email the Community General Manager, Jose Palacios.