2020 POOL SEASON COVID-19 COMPLIANCE RULES AND INFORMATION.
Emerson Community Association has established the following rules, regulations and procedures in order to comply with CDC, Maryland Department of Health and Howard County government requirements. These are in addition to our ordinary rules and regulations Pool Members have been provided .
- No guests will be admitted. Guest passes will not be issued.
- No pool parties are permitted.
- Residents are encouraged to bring whatever food and drink they will need for their time at the pool including water.Water fountains will not be available.
- The Infant Pool will remain closed.
- Swimming lessons are prohibited.
- Cloth face coverings must be worn when entering and exiting the pool gates, when visiting the bathrooms, and while within 6’ of any other pool patron for all persons over the age of 2 except when in the pool itself. Failure to wear a face covering may result in a refusal to allow admission or an ejection from the pool facilities.
- Must always maintain a six-foot distance from all persons not of the same household including pool staff and any other persons not of the same household.
- No persons under the age of sixteen (16) will be permitted to the pool area without the supervision of a parent or adult guardian at least twenty-one (21) years of age. If the parent or guardian leaves the pool area all persons under their supervision cannot remain and must leave.
- A Waiver must be signed by each adult entering the pool and a legal guardian must sign a waiver for each minor child.
- Do not come to the pool if you do not feel well, if you are or have been ill in the prior 14 days.
- Do not come to the pool if you have been exposed to anyone who has or suspects exposure to COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
- Do not come to the pool if you are awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
- COVID-19 information signs are posted at the entrance. Patrons are to review signs upon arrival.
- A valid 2020 Photo Pool Pass must be presented and use the contactless pass sensor. No pass, no admission.
- Patrons must cooperate with and follow instructions of all pool staff at all times.
ON THE POOL DECK:
- Must always remain six-foot distance from all persons not of the same household. Tape will mark six-foot increments as visual reference points in various locations on the pool deck.
- Pool furniture should not be moved from the location provided.
- Seating may not be shared with any persons at the pool not of the same household.
IN THE POOL (In the water):
- Cloth face coverings SHOULD NOT be used in the pool.
- Maintain six-foot distance from all persons not of the same household.
- No objects will be allowed in the pool. (For example: balls noodles, water guns, toys, flotation devices except for infant safety floatation, etc).
- Face items(goggles, nose clips) are specifically discouraged but not prohibited by CDC guidelines. Residents should use their discretion in using these items and may not share them outside of their household.
POOL CAPACITY, DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION:
- A Compliance Attendant will keep count of persons entering and exiting the pool facility.
- Patrons are admitted only by a reservation. Reservations will close at noon on the previous business day.
- Patrons are entitled to one two-hour visit per day.
The Pool will be open on Wednesday, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Labor Day Monday. The Pool will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The Pool will open at 11:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m. on the following schedule:
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Pool area open.
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m . Pool area closed. All patrons must leave the pool area.
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Pool area open.
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Pool area closed. All patrons must leave the pool area.
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Pool area open.
7:00 p.m. Pool area closed. All patrons must leave the pool area.
- Restroom showers will be turned off. (Outdoor shower will be available).
- Social distancing is required in the restrooms; masks must be worn.
INTERACTING WITH STAFF:
- Temporary perimeter barriers will be in place around all Lifeguard stations. Patrons cannot intrude on the perimeters.
- Lifeguards and the Compliance Attendant can remove persons at any time.
- Members failing to comply with CDC guidelines, Pool rules & regulations, or instructions from the Compliance Attendant or Lifeguard staff will have their pool privileges immediately revoked. Such person will have to right to petition the Community Board of Directors, in writing, for reinstatement of their pool privileges.
- Members failing to cooperate with Pool staff are subject to being forcibly removed by the Howard County Police Department.
- Emerson Community Association:
- Reserves the right to institute additional rules, regulations and procedures without advance notice;
- May immediately close the pool area in the event several patrons are disregarding the rules, regulations, procedures or COVID-19 compliance instructions at the same time.
- May immediately close the pool area at any time;
- May immediately close the pool area to evaluate new health and safety guidance and government regulations